Recommended CNA Schools!
- Diploma - Medical Assistant
- Diploma - Dental Assistant
- Diploma - Medical Administrative Assistant
Experience the Rewards of Caring, With ECPI’s Medical Careers Institute, you can Earn Your Bachelor’s Degree in 2.5 Years or Your Associate’s Even Sooner through Our Year-Round Schedule!
- Medical Assisting - Associate
- Practical Nursing - Diploma
- Medical Assisting
- Practical Nursing
The Department of Health maintains certified nursing assistant registry which consist the lists of names of individuals who have completed an accredited nursing assistant program from an accredited colleges and schools. Before appoint you in care facilities, facilities must contact the registry to verify CNA’s competency evaluation and employment status.
To be listed in nursing assistant registry you must have to pass accredited nursing aide training program and pass state competency program. You can transfer your certification from one state to another by applying interstate endorsement application to the registry.
If you enjoy your work as a CNA, consider the Loyola University online MSN programs to improve your salary and further your healthcare career.
Nurse aide must report their employment status to the registry. You must perform at least of 8 hours of clinical paid nursing assistant duties every 24 months to stay on Registry. Orientation and training will not be accepted.
The CNAs who are not in registry also can be hired as nursing assistant if they are immediately enrolled in an accredited nursing assistant training program at the time of hire, complete the course and certification from the state registry within 4 months. Person working for a temporary agency must be on Registry before they are eligible to work in hospitals or health care facilities.
The nursing assistant registry uses the CNA’s social security number as the certificate number. Name changes must be reported to the registry by sending a copy of legal document. You can call registry to make an address change.
Some important information to the LPN or RN students
- Your certificate is only for 24 months from date of issue if you didn’t work as paid nursing assistant.
- There are no alternatives to extend NA Certification beyond 24 months.
- You cannot receive duplication of certification if you are tested in your state before 24 months.
- If you have current status on the NA Registry, you can request a letter that indicates current status and expiration date of certification.
The certified nursing assistant registry is mainly administered by Department of Health Service which is responsible to record the list of certified nurse. Registry also responsible for CNA license term such as issue, verification, transfer, suspension etc.