Recommended CNA Schools!
- AAS - Medical Assistant
- DIP- Medical Assistant
- AAS - Medical Office Administration
- Certificate: Medical Assistant
- Associate of Applied Science: Medical Assisting
Experience the Rewards of Caring, With ECPI’s Medical Careers Institute, you can Earn Your Bachelor’s Degree in 2.5 Years or Your Associate’s Even Sooner through Our Year-Round Schedule!
- Medical Assisting - Associate
- Practical Nursing - Diploma
- Dental Assisting - Associate
- And more...
How to become a RN is common question of those who want to advance their career in medical education as registered nurse. Choosing career as RN (Registered Nurse) is attractive for many reasons such as steady wage growth, and abundant employment opportunity. RN is a medical professional who has successfully completed an accredited nursing program and passes the NCLEX-RN examination. After CNA you can advance your career as RN.
Registered nurse provides the direct care as well as education to the patient and their families. The responsibilities of RN includes treating patients for a wide varieties of medical conditions, tracking and recording patient’s charts and symptoms, conducting medical diagnostics, and working with the doctors to provide appropriate medication and treatment plans.
The steps to be followed to become a RN are as follows;
- Get proper Basic Education – The first requirements to become a RN is to get a high school diploma or GED. The high school diploma with science particularly biology and chemistry is supportive. If you have certified nursing assistant program it is advantage for RN.
- Get the Advance Education – MSN (Masters’ Degree in Nursing), BSN (Bachelors’ Degree in Nursing) and ADN (Associates Degree in Nursing) are available degrees for the RN. The most popular and common way is AND, typically a two years programs offered by some community and junior colleges. AND is a practical based course where BSN and MSN are academic degree that emphasizes research and nursing theory. An advance RN such as medical practitioner requires a MSN degree in advance medical field.
- Pass the NCLEX-RN Exam – In all state of US, students must pass the licensing examination, known as NCLEX exam to obtain license. NCLEX-RN exam is developed and administered by NCSBN (National Council of State Board of Nursing). This license examination is designed to evaluate the knowledge, skills, and abilities to effective practice of nurse at entry level.
To get in advance field of medical as a RN you have to obtain more abilities, skills in medical practice period. To become a great RN you can follow the following guidelines;
- Become familiar with the hospital environment
- Get advance degree or certification
- Maintain positive attitude
RN is medical professional who have completed the necessary education and licensure requirement. Their responsibilities are patient care, administering medication, using medical equipment during diagnostics test, educating family member and patients about disease, monitoring and recording vital sign of patients and much more. RN especially works under the physician, nurse practitioner. According to the BLS (Bureau of Labor Statics) 60% registered nurses works in hospitals rest are works in private clinic, physician’s office etc.
RN is a respective as well as rewarding career in medical field. A RN can earn average of $63,750 per year. The experience of nurse will impact in earning. The salary of RN can vary due to geographical location, experience, education level etc.
One of the most important things before enrolling a RN Program is ensuring your course or school is accredited or not by professional body. An accredited school gives you right knowledge and experience to become a RN. After getting license by passing NCLEX-RN examination you will awarded as Registered Nurse.